...from a BookLover

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Elfquest

Two weeks ago I finally managed to find the last issue of one of my favourite comic series; The Elfquest! The series was published in the 1980's, and has been fairly difficult to collect as there are so many out there loving it. Best of all, I found them all in different bookstores scattered across the country. I knew it would be a lot easier just roaming about online looking for them, but hey, where is the fun in that?! My stubbornness, plus a fair amount of luck, eventually granted me my goal, and here they are:

Elfquest

I remember reading the series (well, not all of it - my sister and I obviously only owned a few copies back then) when I was a child - I adored the colourful pictures, wonderful characters and exciting stories. It was pure magic! I remember wishing they were for real. That I could live as they did. Have that special connection to everything around me - the nature, wild creatures, other people... The very word "soulmate" is forever linked to these elves. Today, as a "grown-up", I still relish the magic inside the old, somewhat battered, copies. They always bring a smile to my face 

Have you ever read this series? If so, who is your favourite character


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...