...from a BookLover

Sunday 12 August 2012

Time is relative

I loved this photo when I saw it. I have never thought of time turned into figures of nine before. Quite an achievement. It got me thinking about the relativeness of time. How different it feels in different cultures and activities (even though it really stays the same).

Something happens when I read a good book, for instance. Time fades. It seems like the clock stops ticking. I have spent countless hours reading - in hammocks in the shade of palm trees in asian villages, in a comfortable chair in front of a fireplace, in window sills with amazing views or in cafees in different cities around the world in the easy company of a cup of hot chocolate or tea. Perhaps even a cupcake or a cookie, too. Sometimes I find myself utterly surprised to find that the world I left is still there when I finally emerge from the book! And, more often than not, I also find that quite a few hours simply have vanished...

http://graphjam.memebase.com/2012/07/30/funny-graphs-nerd-time/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...