...from a BookLover

Monday 28 January 2013

A Black Jewels teaser

I am out at work, and have started reading "The Black Jewels Trilogy" by Anne Bishop when I have some spare time. At the moment I am reading so fast I do not even stop to find teasers for you guys! I have completely forgotten it as I have been so into the story. I am really impressed so far. The story is complicated enough for me to almost struggle to keep track of all the places and characters, yet so interesting and exciting I have a hard time putting it down! I am growing ever more fond of the characters as I turn one page after another, and even the language is great. I am in for a real treat with this one, I think.

A teaser for you:
   "Wonderful," Cassandra said sarcastically. "So she can't move furniture around a room, but she can destroy an entire continent." 
   "She'll never do that. It's not in her temperament." 
   "How can you be sure? How will you control her?" 
   They were back to that. 
   He took his cape back and settled it over his shoulders. "I'm not going to control her, Cassandra. She's Witch. No male has the right to control Witch." 
   Cassandra studied him. "Then what are you going to do?" 
   Saetan picked up his cane. "Love her. That will have to be enough." 
"Black Jewels" and my treasured thermos which was a surprise gift from my boyfriend 

I had planned to leave this book (due to its size) at work until I get back out here in two weeks, but now I am not so sure I will be able to abandon it for so long...


More teasers:
Flukten fra virkeligheten
Should Be Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...