...from a BookLover

Wednesday 1 January 2014

The Happy Jar - looking back!

Remember I told you about the idea of The Happy Jar?

Well, it has now officially been a year since then - and guess what? I did try it out. I started in January with writing down these little fun things that I experienced through a day. Alas, it was not on a piece of paper in an actual jar, but hey, it is the idea that counts, right? I figured I could simply write the list on my tablet - that way I would be able to carry the list with me most of my day, and so hopefully make it easier to remember writing in it.

In the beginning it was a bit difficult, though. I mean, jotting down happy things meant you had to pay attention and remember them, right? Not the easiest thing, but every few days something worth remembering would happen - something that made me smile or laugh a bit. The list grew. Granted, it did grow slowly, but at least steadily. By the end of March, something peculiar happened. The little happy things I jotted down started to occur almost every day! By June things even started accumulating - I now not only found one, but a couple or more of happy events most days.

Here, I will show you a pic of what my Happy Jar looked like in December. What do you think?

13th to 17th of December

It is amazing, is it not? Look at all those happy moments for each day - some of them small, like a hot brew and a gingerbread on a cold winter's day, and some of them big, like getting visitors and a huge cuddle from my godson! And let me tell you, the days with lots of entries are now the normal ones.

So, what do you think happened throughout the year? How did it end up so differently from where it started?

I am perfectly convinced that I somehow tuned my mind in on happiness. Of simply being happy, maybe just for a little moment. You can always find something in your day that will make you smile. All you have to do is to pay attention when it happens. Easy as that 

I hope you will get inspired to start your own Happy Jar - or perhaps inspire others. Maybe you can look back on all the great moments, events and things you have filled your jar with the next time the year turns. It is a funny thing, you know, when you see all those moments in black-and-white in a note or colourful pieces of paper in a jar. I promise there will be so many you had forgotten already! Who knows, maybe you can make a difference out there by showing this little idea to someone.

I, for one, will continue my Happy Jar-list. I made a fresh one, starting today.

It already has three entries.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...