...from a BookLover

Sunday 13 July 2014

Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble

Time for an e-book teaser! Last week I started on a book I downloaded for free some time ago. It looked interesting and sounded funny, so I figured I would give it a try. Honestly - who would not, given that title, right?

After reading out the first book in no more than a day or two (at work, mind), I decided I had to buy the rest of the series. I really enjoyed reading about Jolie and her world that was all normal one day and suddenly turning upside-down the next. Throw in some romance, otherwordly creatures and magic - and this was great fun! 

Obviously, the more Jolie learns about her new life, the messier it becomes... Phrased in her own words: "Life was so much easier when all you had to worry about was your cat."

Mind, I do not recommend this for younger readers as the story turns a bit erotic from time to time, and some of the war-descriptions are anything but sweet. 

Here is today's teaser:

"That is the beauty of fairy magic. We can be whoever you want us to be. You should take that as a lesson, child; you too can be whoever you want to be. As a witch, you can choose to be great or good. It is all up to you."
pp. 85

A series worth reading!


More teasers?
Flukten fra virkeligheten
Should Be Reading



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...