...from a BookLover

Monday 3 September 2012

A late night teaser - The Hunger Games



I am reading "The Hunger Games" trilogy at the moment. I went through the first two books so fast I did not even stop to consider finding a teaser for you! Today's teaser is therefore from the last book, "The Mockingbird":
"I set the case flat on the floor and undo the latches along one side. The top opens on silent hinges. Inside the case, on a bed of crushed maroon velvet, lies a stunning black bow. "Oh," I whisper in admiration. I lift it carefully into the air to admire the exquisite balance, the elegant design and the curve of the limbs that somehow suggests the wings of a bird extended in flight. There's something else. I have to hold very still to make sure I'm not imagining it. No, the bow is alive in my hands. I press it against my cheek and feel the slight hum travel through the bones of my face. "What's it doing?" I ask. "Saying hello," explains Beetee with a grin. "It heard your voice."

I really love the series so far. It is so exciting and so much is happening it is quite frankly breathtaking at times. I cannot wait to get to the end of it - to see how it all turns out and whether Katniss can finally find some happiness and peace. I think she deserves that much by now. I do love her spark, though, which is so unbelievably suited for "the girl who was on fire".

Other teasers:
Flukten fra virkeligheten
Should Be Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...