...from a BookLover

Saturday 22 September 2012

Treading on dreams

I heard this wonderful poem the other day. Do try reading it aloud - it is most charming.

 " Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light, 

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths 

Of night and light and half-light, 

I would spread the cloths under your feet:

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; 

I have spread my dreams under your feet; 

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. "
William Butler Yeats


I wish I knew more about poetry - I am completely mystified as to where to look for great poems and poets. I have never heard of this particular poem before, and that just shows how frightfully ignorant I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...