...from a BookLover

Friday 15 June 2012

Following a dream

Paulo Coelho posted this picture today. I must say I believe this to be quite an important message. I try to do all the things I want to do now, and I am so lucky as to have a boyfriend who shares this point of view and who is always ready to follow a dream with me. The last few years we have travelled a lot together. We have tried holidays working as volunteers (which is amazing - everyone should try it!), backpacking, road trips and city-weekends. A few months ago we bought a big map of the world and stuck it to a corkboard. Here we are pinning all the places we have visited so far and all the places we want to see. It is already starting to fill up...which is no wonder when you think of the amazing world we are living in! The map keeps our dreams within reach, so to speak. I glance at it every day wondering "where to next...?"



The book "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho is all about following a dream. It is a magical book I treasure, and I actually have a signed copy of it. Just by chance, this stranger I randomly met was on his way to visit Coelho and, as it happens, he offered to bring a book down to him for me. Coelho was so kind that he signed it for me - and the man, just as kind, dropped by some months later with it. Imagine the travels this one book has done! If you have not read it yet I suggest you put it in your bag the next time you venture to the beach or travel somewhere. You might get inspired.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Way to go! Do you have a special section on your bookshelf for stuff like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I have my very own Paulo Coelho-section :) I really treasure this book, and I love signed books! I try to collect them whenever I get the chance. I have collected, what, around 10-15 signed ones so far? From different authors, that is. It is great fun - and I always peak inside books in seconhand bookstores, just in case...:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...