...from a BookLover

Thursday 14 June 2012

Something simple...

As this is my first blog attempt ever, I figured I would start off with something simple. That is, a simple, but big, something, which is often displayed by many small and equally simple something's: Happiness. Yeah, I know this is not really a simple issue, but, nevertheless, somehow reading this book made me feel it is.

The book "The Happiness Project" sets out to help you improve your every day happiness level. The author, Gretchen Rubin, decided to dedicate a whole year to see if she was able to achieve her personal idea of a happy life. She was by no means unhappy (she has two girls, a husband, an apartment and a job she loves), but it occured to her that life was slipping away without her fully appreciating it or living it to the utmost. She felt she could do better.

Now, is not this something most of us feel? It certainly caught my attention...and my attention was kept throughout the book. It is wonderfully and wittingly written - with a sense of practicality I simply love.

I have come to appreciate this book as a sort of encyclopedia and reminder - it will be on my shelf forever. From time to time I will take it down and read a line here or there to remind myself of all the good advices and ideas she brought into my life - and of being as happy as I can possibly be ♥ 


Want more information on how to start your own Happiness Project?
Gretchen Rubin's Happines Project Blog 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...